Our programs and initiatives connect, convene and support Black executives in their personal and professional development.
Recommendation & Candidate Process
Potential candidates must be recommended for membership by an ELC member in good standing during the new member recommendation review period. The following steps must be completed on each candidate’s behalf prior to a candidate being extended an application:
- Candidate must be recommended for membership consideration by an ELC member in good standing
- Candidate must meet the preliminary membership criteria prior to being offered a membership application form
- Candidate must be approved by the Membership Committee prior to receiving an invitation to apply
To be eligible for membership, candidates must qualify as one of the following:
- Senior-level Black manager/executive within three levels from the Enterprise wide CEO of a Fortune 1000/Global 500 corporation or equivalent with annual revenues of at least $1.2B
- Black executive serving on the Board of Directors of a Fortune 1000/Global 500 corporation or equivalent
- Senior level Black manager/executive at a top-tier professional services firm or equivalent
- Recognized Black thought leader/senior-level academic leader
Membership Application Requirements
Prior to being selected and inducted into The ELC, each candidate extended an application must satisfy the following requirements:
- If accepted for consideration, the candidate must submit a completed application packet which includes a completed application form and two (2) letters of recommendation from ELC members in good standing.
- Candidate must complete an interview
- If accepted, the candidate must satisfy the dues requirement and then attend and complete the new member orientation and induction session.