At The Executive Leadership Council (ELC), we have an unrelenting dedication to empowering Black people in the workplace and helping them to accomplish their goals. America’s boardrooms need diverse perspectives and you’re the ones who can provide that. That’s why we’re excited to announce that we’ve opened enrollment for the 2023 Black Men in Leadership Conference.
The Black Men in Leadership conference aims to aid in your professional development with networking opportunities and resources to help you make strides in your career. This gathering of professional Black men will provide counterintuitive insights and strategies backed by the latest research highlighting the state of Black men in the workplace. Register for a transformative event designed for purpose driven male leaders who are committed to overcoming adversity and developing their mindset, skillset, and toolset.
Here’s what to expect:
- Expand your professional network by connecting with other Black corporate professionals and entrepreneurs using our interactive, virtual networking tool that allows you to connect with professionals from around the world.
- Accelerate your progress towards your professional goals with battle-tested insights, strategies and tactics presented by academics, thought leaders, and corporate titans. Previous symposiums have featured:
- Robert F. Smith, CEO of Vista Equity Partners,
- Dr. Eddie Glaude Jr., Chair of the Department of African American Studies at Princeton University
- Damon Jones, Professor of Public Policy at the University of Chicago
- Speak directly with accomplished leaders of the corporate world during fireside chats
- Avoid career derailers by integrating the lessons successful Black professionals share in a candid and affirming “brave space”.
- Prime yourself for new levels of success-oriented thinking by engaging in practical and inspirational conversations on topics centered on the Black experience.
During this program participants will:
- Increase emotional intelligence and ability to manage relationships to drive pathways to the c-suite
- Explore creativity, ingenuity, and leadership of Black men
- Identify ways to forecast, invest, and implement long-term strategy for building wealth
- Practice techniques to build partnerships and identify commonalities leading to a cross-industry support system
- Examine opportunities for investing in yourself by selflessly investing in others
Building Coalitions | Critical Thinking | Emotional Intelligence | Diversity | Financial Management | Influence | Mindfulness | Negotiation | Social Equity | Technology